I hope everyone is enjoying their summer break! Robin and I have been working together this summer to smoothly transition to our new positions. We have both been busy with our new assignments and, as of July 1, are in our new offices (well... kind of). I am going to continue communication via the blog. Robin has put so much work into the site, and I'm grateful to her for allowing me to simply step into this great communication tool. I will plan to post each Thursday.
Staff Updates:
Bruce Harris and I interviewed some amazing candidates for the open 5th grade positions. We welcome:
- Wendy Jeffes--Wendy will be teaching our mixed, 5th-grade class. She has been a special education paraprofessional for 6 years in the Meridian School District and has been involved in many leadership roles with youth. She has completed her teaching certification requirements and is excited for the opportunity to lead her own classroom.
- Alysse Lobato--Alysse is fresh from student teaching in 3rd and 5th grades. She has a strong literary background and has been working at the Meridian Library as a children's programmer for the past 6 years. She brings high energy and enthusiasm to the position. She will be teaching the girls' section for 5th grade on a temporary contract, so Jenna may stay home with her new bundle of joy.
The other two principals, Angie Davis, and I interviewed several candidates for counselor. We welcome:
- Alyssa Rogers--Alyssa has completed her counseling internships in the Boise and Meridian school Districts. She has experience in individual and group counseling, class programming/presentations, and testing. She also has certification emphasis in play therapy, which is a new emphasis, and only a few people have this certification. Alyssa will be working 3 days at Heights (We don't have to share)! She is creative and will relate well with the kids. She is going to be a great addition to the staff!
I have offered a music position and am waiting to hear...I'll update as I know more.
Other News:
- The computer lab is getting an update with new(er) computers!
- Unfortunately, we did not receive our technology grant. Thank you to all those who put so much time and effort in this project. We can use all this information and look at different funding sources for the future.
- Sandy and the maintenance staff have been hard at work to make the school "ship-shape." Please be sure to thank them if you are in the building.
Finally:
Please feel free to communicate openly and often with me. I would love to hear your ideas about what is working well, what we can improve, and how I can support you. I would also just love to hear how your summer is going. I am going to be in the office more and more as school approaches. I will be in next week on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00ish to 2:00ish. My door is always open for you. Also, feel free to call (284-0868) or e-mail katkinson@msd134.org. I look forward to working with you and getting to know each of you better!

No comments:
Post a Comment