It's hard to believe; however, this week marks the 1-month countdown. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July holiday. Not much for news this week...just working to get everything done, so we are ready to go!
Staff Updates:
* We have a new music teacher. Her name is Mandy Riccio (formally Bridgewater). Mandy is a graduate of Middleton High and has been teaching music in Kuna. She just got married and has returned from a dream honeymoon in Europe. Mandy has some great ideas for our music program. She will be working 3 days a week at Heights, and we welcome her!
Other News:
* Online registration is currently underway
* McDonalds is offering free backpacks to K - 8 students on July 20 beginning at 8:00 a.m.
* Sandy and the custodial crew have been working hard. All rooms have been waxed. They are working on the cafeteria right now. Lisa and I are willing to give your keys so you can get into your rooms to begin preparing for the year if you choose. I will be in the office Monday 10:00 - 1:00 and Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00. I haven't determined what dates I will be in the following week. I will post in the next blog. Lisa is officially in the office August 1. The rooms around the cafeteria have the hall tables and chairs in front of some classroom doors. If you do want access to these rooms, please make sure the tables and chairs are moved to an area so there is still an access through the hall.
* The big wind storm a few weeks back did a number to us. It knocked down a portion of our fencing and knocked an electric pole, which affected our access to water the lawn. Maintenance has been working hard to get the fence back up and get our lawn green again
* Those teachers who are leaving us this year, please let me know if you need access to get things from your rooms.
* Our Kick-Off Barbeque will be the evening of August 13th...mark your calendars. ;-)
Finally:
Really just an FYI--Although I am on contract beginning August 1, I will be scarce around the building the first 2 days. I will be at a conference August 1 and a district training August 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment