So..... my final post:
More staff updates -
- First the Angie that accepted a position at the Middle School was Angie Davis, the counselor, not Angie Young the GT Facilitator.
- Jenna just notified us that her family has decided to keep her home with that new baby for a year. She hopes to return to Heights in the future. We now have two fifth grade openings.
- Elsa appears to be taking a part time placement in order to work in one school, Mill Creek. Kim will be working with Val, Jenn and Mike Friend to hire a new music teacher with the possibility of adding time at Heights. They are also hoping to add a strings program to the elementary - after school????
- Counseling positions are open at the elementary schools. Time and schedules to be determined.
We submitted a grant last week for a technology integration innovative pilot program. We will know by July first whether our grant is funded. If so, it will provide $76,000 of technology equipment to move all classrooms toward a 1:1 implementation model, including specialists. Professional development and support will be provided with an individualized growth model for teachers and students through the use of collaboration and instructional coaches (Technology Integration Specialists, GT Facilitators, Instructional Coach and TIAT members). Watch for more information when the grant is funded. Toni - great things would be ordered to support PE also.
As I pack my office I find myself missing some key books that I have loaned out. If you have any of these will you please drop me a note and let me know if you are using them and when you expect to return. The first is a blue book by Fredrick Jones with a title something like, Positive Classroom Discipline. Then there is a series of Scholastic books by Jeff Wilhelm on different reading strategies. Any others I haven't figured out are missing yet??
Bad news: preliminary results show that most of the schools in Middleton, with the exception of the High School have dropped or stayed at the three star rating by the State. I will be reviewing our data to see if there is any errors that can be appealed over the next several weeks. After the appeals process closes schools across the State will be re-ranked and results will be advertised as official. If a school bumps up, it bumps others down, so nothing is official at this point. We have work to do as a district but I am excited to say that the Directors and Superintendent have a clear vision of where to move. You will see this articulated in District goals and supported through professional development and other initiatives.
Save the date. August 16th is the first contract day for teachers, but there will be an optional paid PD day on August 15th (certified staff paid at daily rate). This day will focus on Idaho Core work. I will apply to offer credit, but due to the required seat time you would be required to attend this day and take the PD day online third quarter.
With that - I sign off wishing you a wonderful summer. I look forward to continued work with you as we grow the District. You have my cell phone number and my email address if there is anything I can do for you. Love you all.


Robin, I have enjoyed seeing how you created this blog and have used it as a great tool for communicating with faculty. I have used this blog many times as an example for others of how they could structure their own.
ReplyDelete