Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pirate Day Treasure Hunt Information
  • Your class can do the treasure hunt anytime during the day, but please ask students to not share information with students from other classes since it really is the mystery that makes this fun.
  • Your first clue will be in your mailbox.  Read it with your class and figure out where to go find your next clue.  You can either travel as a class or send a couple students to pick up the next clue.  Maybe an honor for your Gold Club members or who solves the riddle first. 
  • The clue should be taken back to class to read and solve unless you are traveling as a class and solving as you go.
  • There are five clues, including your first given in your mailbox.
  • The final clue will take them to the "Booty".  Every class will receive a zip lock bag with treats.  They should read the labels to get the right bag. 
  • Have fun!  Remind them that they earned this by collecting 3000 tickets in March.  If they get 5000 in April we will have a Cinco de Mayo party.
ISATs Begin Monday
The time as arrived and with it a shift in schedules for most of us.  Obviously we need to continue instruction and as many interventions as possible, but may need to get creative on implementation.  Communicate questions and concerns with me.  I know we can find a solution if we are aware of a need.  Darcy has communicated much of this but here are the basics:
  • Chelsea Meyer and Darcy are the official proctors for ISAT and should be able to help you with most questions.
  • Please review the information sheet Darcy sent out this week prior to your testing date.
  • I need most if not all EAs to help with proctoring.  We need to maintain IEPs but if the student is testing I would like your help.
  • If we have more people than needed, Darcy and Chelsea will rotate who can be released to take their own brain break.
  • Remember you are monitoring the student and not the test.  :)
Other notes for next week
  • Next week PBIS team would like you to reteach hallway expectations. The halls have gotten much louder lately and less control and supervision are taking place going to and from.  We will all be looking for opportunities in the hall to give away Hawks tickets.  Special prize for the class that will put together a class video of exemplars and non exemplars for this lesson.
  • Monday we have a staff meeting regarding the ACLU complaint.  This is in preparation for the visit from the Office of Civil Rights.  I do not know who they will interview, but would assume those who have taught single sex classrooms.  I encourage you to attend this meeting.  I will share the law and the specific complaints as well as possible questions from the OCR. (3:00 in the library.)
  • Wednesday the Hawk ticket winners are supposed to have an art project.  Originally I thought I had a parent to lead this.  Right now I'm not certain.  I will do something.  :)
  • Thursday the consumable orders are due.  I currently have lists from kindergarten and third grades.
  • No School on Friday!  Enjoy the short break before final stretch.
  • Saturday MCHAT would love to see you at the fun run and the community Health Fair.  There has been a LOT of work put forth to make this first annual event something we can be proud of.  There may even be a school friendly competition for staff participation in the Fun Run so put on those tennis shoes.  Toni - can we count those miles for Mighty Milers?
  • Monday, April 22nd the class baskets are due so that PAC members can get them wrapped up all nice a pretty.  Remember that you will be able to spend your basket sale amount on your classroom so don't be afraid to advertise that to parents and grandparents.  Especially the part about coming to the auction.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can count miles from the fun run. They were part of a school activity.

    ReplyDelete