Congratulations to Jayna! Congratulations to us! It is my pleasure to announce that Jayna was recommended to the Board for the GT position vacated by Nicole Ingersoll. Jayna will be a great team mate to Angie in helping us meet the needs of our gifted and advanced students.
Obviously that opens a classroom spot that was designed as a 4/5 multi age classroom to collaborate with Kim and the rest of the fourth and fifth grade team. Rather than changing this well thought out plan, I have asked Dana Creekmore (hired earlier this summer for first grade) to step into this spot. Dana worked effectively with the 4/5 team and this curriculum last year. She has many years of valuable experience that she will bring with her to this position, making it as seamless as possible.
Moving Dana will be a great disappointment to the first grade team who interviewed and welcomed Dana to their team. They invited her to planning meetings they held this summer in preparation for the upcoming school year. I am leaving this spot open for now.
Second grade interviewed with us in June and were looking forward to including Shauna into their mix when the additional FTE was made available. So Shauna will move to this full time position (leaving the open FTE at the first grade level).
We have had Shauna's position (half time kindergarten) advertised for the past month with no interest from in district candidates. I will try to arrange interviews soon to fill this spot. If you are interested in helping with this interview process please let me know.
I also still have the music position to cover. Val and I have interviewed one candidate but have been unable to complete the process as of this date. Hopefully Val will be back in the Valley long enough for us to finish hiring soon.
Hope you are enjoying something cool in this hot weather. I'm still waiting to get a confirmation on the CCSS training in July ....
No comments:
Post a Comment