First - thank you to all who came to my house on Wednesday evening for our combination chips and salsa craft night. I was overwhelmed with the support in putting together the wedding favors and was shocked at how much man power hours it actually took. There is no way Jen and I could have completed that on our own. We also had such a wonderful time just visiting and crafting together. I found it very relaxing and I don't use the words relax and craft in the same sentence. I hope that we can find another project to work together on this summer. Maybe paint a nursery for Cynthia? Thank you, everyone.
Our plan for the modular units has shifted due to class size. Originally Sandy and Kim were moving out voluntarily. Then it was Kim, Jayna and Sandy. As I put class lists together we ended up with 30 students in each of these rooms again. That is too many large bodies in the modular classrooms. The new school map brings fourth and fifth grade back indoors and moves third grade out. All three third grade teachers came and met with me to help develop vision. So for this moment it appears that Title I will be in room 11, music in room 12, Bruce in room 5, Lisa in room 14, third grade to modulars and everyone else is safe (for now). By the way - you should be able to see your class list in Skyward. Not all are finished, but Lisa has been assigning students to finish by Monday.Next Monday an interview team will work with me to visit with our two in district candidates to fill Cynthia's position. Hopefully we can make a decision by late Monday and put a teacher name on a class list. Then I still have an extra class created waiting for approval of an additional FTE. If this approval does not come through I will have to make some major decisions on class size in the primary grades. Find me four more first or second grade students please.
A bunch of us were registered to attend a full day training on implementation of the Common Core State Standards on May 24th. That session got cancelled at 2 a.m. the day of training due to flight delays effecting the trainer. We now have been offered the same training here at school with the option to invite up to 20 additional teachers. :) Now how to schedule. See the poll and we can vote again. Click here for agenda
Our last poll indicated that 15 of you are wanting to come in August 9 & 10 for some professional development and to begin work with the Language Arts CCSS and training with iPad uses. Block those days out and we will pack them full. Remember - this is totally optional. No one is required. Anyone who chooses to not attend will catch up throughout the year through collaboration and other offerings.


No comments:
Post a Comment