Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a Great Day of Work

What a wonderful amount of work was produced by each team Tuesday.  It was fun to see the different ways in which you attacked the "problem".   I am not expecting you to come out with the same format or product at this time.  Eventually (as the year progresses) we need to begin the work of vertical alignment and common formatting should be a byproduct of that.  I do believe that you need to see the work of the other teams before we go much further.  So you might plan to take a walking tour tomorrow as a team and listen to the other groups explain their thinking and chosen process.  (Sound like an MTI strategy?)

By end of day Monday I would like you to turn in - in ANY format - your map and two or three areas that your team could use additional professional development for next year. 

I registered our school team for the Unit Study work to begin in October.  These representatives will bring back the information to assist your grade level teams throughout the year.  Obviously you are off to a head start.  The first year will focus on two units:
  • Number sense, place value and operations, K-5
  • Addition, Subtraction & Properties, K-2
  • Operations, Properties & Patterning, 3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment