Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday, March 3, 2011

We are two quick weeks away from Core Knowledge Fair.  I think we need to meet again and finalize organization and develop a plan to tie up loose ends and provide assistance where needed.  I am scheduling a meeting for 3:00 on Tuesday.  You are all welcome or you can send a grade level representative to speak for you. 

Laura Anderson will soon join us as a student teacher in Catherine Hicks' classroom. I'm not sure of her start date, but you might keep an eye out for her.  She is a parent of a student in Kayla's classroom.  We might also get to see Carolyn Loffer a couple of times if she stops by to check on Laura.  :)

College of Idaho Intro to Teaching students want to join us again in March.  I've had a couple of teachers already volunteer to work with students.  The college class schedule makes it difficult for fourth grade to volunteer because of the specials schedule, so I need more at the other grade levels.

The calendar committee has completed their recommendations to send to the board regarding the addition of 7.5 days to certified contracts.  Plan for inservice the afternoon of March 18th, and all day March 25th.  The three elementary principals are working to figure two available nights in April to schedule parent conferences for our "at risk" students and families.  This is tougher than I thought it would be.  If you are totally unable to put in one of the additional days you may use either personal leave or payroll deduct.  The vote from last week's poll indicates that the majority of teachers prefer to add the last day on Monday, June 6th.  So plan for that.  I will post the parent conference days as soon as they are set.  It is my understanding that you will not see the increase in your check until a new Memorandum of Understanding is created, ratified by MEA and then sent to the board for acceptance. Your MEA building representative may have more information on this.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a Cof I student. I always enjoy sharing my students with them.

    ReplyDelete