Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. Welcome back to our final month of teaching for 2009.

We could use some help with parade float building next Wednesday at the Foote shop. If you don't want to work, come sing to us while we work. The parade is Saturday at 4:00 and we would love to have many of you join us on and around the float.

Midterm reports should be sent home Monday, November 30th. Please send a copy to the office for noncustodial parents. Cherie has been collecting email addresses and can send reports electronically to some. This allows them to receive newsletters and reports the same day as the custodial parent.

Tuesday we will participate in a school wide writing project. All students will be asked to write on a given prompt. Teachers should then plan to score these as teams according to our selected writing rubrics. All data should then be saved to the t:drive. We at the office can help enter data. If you need assistance with scoring please let me know.

I will host a reading lunch on Thursday at 11:50. Bring your lunch and join me in the library. I will share an Action Strategy for Deepening Comprehension. You will have an opportunity to learn, share and plan to try the strategy in your classroom. The following week I will ask you to share your classroom experience. I will start with simple, easy to try strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment