Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amazing Race

What a wonderful day! Friday will be a memorable day of in-service and service that will not soon be forgotten nor surpassed. Thank you for trusting me in 'taking' the entire day to run this event. I saw so much reflection and connection during the afternoon, that I don't believe we could have done it effectively on our own next week.

You were able to capture so much on your team posters and sharing. The pictures are as telling as they are numerous. Hopefully we will be able to get them burned to a disk which we could copy for anyone that would like a copy. I have uploaded a selection to Picasa to produce the slide show to the right. These are just a glimmer.

I know personally I have created more collegial relationships with the Middle School through this work. From creation to clean-up, we worked as a team, each carrying their own weight. I observed this same connection in the smiles and conversations of most of your teams. Some waiting for others to get to the finish line with no pressure. Others creating their own rules by stopping to have breakfast together. Leadership skills flowed out as each stepped up to different challenges, personally and as a team.

We will send thank you notes to our community partners along with a survey to gather their feedback and reflections. Please thank each of these participants as you go in and out of their businesses. These relationships are important to our schools and you have become our best ambassadors.

No comments:

Post a Comment