I would like to offer a series of informational meetings around the topic of reading instruction. The first to offer basic information about the purpose and research behind Accelerated Reader and the proper use in your classroom. I will present Monday during lunch in the library, beginning at 12:00. I encourage any teacher who has not had formal training in AR practices or those that just want a review. Bring your lunch. I would then like to find a time to share some of the reading strategies I worked with during the past year for that reading class. My thought is to share one strategy and discuss it as a learning team. Have interested teachers attempt it in their classrooms and then share back with others. Strategies could be used with your Open Court material or books from Core Knowledge that you read with or aloud to your students. Historical fiction is also a great opportunity. If you are interested in trying this, let me know what time or format works best for you; lunch, before or after school.
Replying through the use of the comment section below will allow others to see suggestions and determine available options.
I would like to be a part of learning these reading strategies. I am flexible about a meeting time -- lunch, before or after school. Catherine
ReplyDeleteI too would like to learn about the reading strategies. I'll probably drop by the AR training as much has changed in the program. Cheryl
ReplyDelete