Monday, January 7, 2013

Skoolbo from Jelena

Created by Shane Hill, the founder of Mathletics, Skoolbo is a new technology game for PC's and iPads to engage 4-10 year olds in learning core essential skills in literacy and math.  The game is completely free and offers teachers and parents a free dashboard and extensive reports to keep them informed of student learning.  The curriculum offered is individualized for the learner and gives rewards, immediate feedback, and extra support when needed.  It is also aligned to the CCSS.  Students enter into a competitive, fast-paced, 3D world with exciting graphics & upbeat music that is sure to keep even the most reluctant learners motivated and engaged.  Available for download through the Skoolbo website or in iTunes.

I really do think it looks fun!  I want to know more about how it individualizes the content for each learner.  Supposedly it ratchets up or down depending on how the student performs.  It also says it gives immediate support during teachable moments so I'd like to see that in action!  I loved the demo-thought our kids would really enjoy it!
**Darcy states that she has put in an IT assist to open up the site for use at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment