Monday, January 28, 2013

Quick updates for the week


I'm supposed to be out of the building Tuesday through Thursday.  We will see if I can be gone that long.  Most likely will be here first thing Thursday morning before heading to Boise.  As always, you do fine without me, but send an email if you need something.  I will not be able to respond immediately Tuesday and Wednesday unless it is an emergency and Lisa calls, but I will check the phone often. 

Tuesday during lunch Jason Pollock from Mass Mutual financial will be in the library with treats and drinks. Please consider taking your lunch in to eat or stop by to say hello. No pressure and you are not obligated to go.

Attached you will find a flyer for the Grade-Band Content Workshop, which will provide teachers and instructional coaches with assistance in examining both the content and practice standards in the Common Core with a focus on important mathematics structural components, student thinking, and learning progressions.
 
Friday we will do a lock down DRILL.  Please inform your students prior to Friday.

Deb Yates is returning with her Intro to Teaching bunch this spring and will need placements for them to observer and teach one lesson. Scheduled to start after spring break with the tour before. Same schedule of Tuesday/Thursday 8:00-9:30a. Please let me know if you are willing to take in one or two of these C of I students. I don't have numbers or preferences but I always end up begging at the last minute anyway.
 
I sent an email regarding a staff meeting next Tuesday after school.  Please plan to be there if at all possible - even if only for the first part. Thank you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment