This morning while working out, Stephanie pointed out that we only have one full week before our short week of Thanksgiving. That means we are almost to Black Friday. Almost to midterm of second quarter. Then only weeks away from Christmas and the end of the semester. WOW! Well, let's slow down and get through one week at a time. :)
Today (Friday) is our fifth day of focusing on student hallway expectations. Please follow through with reminders and make sure students practice these behaviors well. If not, practice again. :) Next week we focus on bathroom expectations. I would think these will need a bit more explicit instruction since you may not have gone over the matrix with students before. We will have our next SWPBIS meeting on Monday. Please share with your representative what you have implemented to beef up our acknowledgement of positive behavior. I have witnessed a few more classroom and grade level plans but am sure I didn't see them all.
The community parade is just a few weeks away. We need your help and ideas. The theme is a Star Spangled Christmas (or something like that). Lisa's trailer is in South Dakota. She has offered her shop for float building again. Now to the rest of us..... Please come or send your ideas to a meeting in the library next Wednesday at 3pm. Think of the parade as community relationship building. The kids love that we are there.
Don't forget that you are required by Idaho Code to have some instruction regarding Veteran's Day even though it lands on Sunday. I noticed Jenna had a writing prompt planned for this Friday. I know Discovery Education would have resources that could be played during morning snack break if you do not already have a lesson planned. If you are hosting a Thanksgiving feast in your classrooms that would interrupt the lunch service please tell Brenda NOW or shoot Barb an email. The week of Thanksgiving we will focus on lunchroom expectations for those two days. If you have a feast you might think about the manners lessons that could be included.
Normally we would advertise midterm reports to go out on the 26th of November. If you keep your grade book current and parents check regularly this shouldn't be necessary. We do know that usually the families that need the information are not always those that are checking regularly. Please make sure grades are updated by Monday the 26th and send a reminder (email or note) to parents to follow up. I would like you to also send a hard copy of a mid term report for anyone that may need extra support to improve their grades. As I work through the book, Switch with our administrative team I am reminded that we as humans focus on the problem more than the bright spots. If a child has mostly A's and a C or D, parents are most likely going to see the D. You may need to point out the positive growth or accomplishments for a given student. This can be a quick text, postcard, email or phone call.
I have had a conversation with Mike regarding the iPads. I was under the impressions that school email was in a folder and that it required a password to log into. I have asked two teachers and have varying information. If you are a teacher, with a school supplied iPad will you please respond to this week's poll. You can mark as many answers as appropriate.
As I finish the blog this week I want to share with you again how amazingly impressed I am with you as a staff. I am constantly reminded of your professionalism, collaborative nature and willingness to do the best for students, ALWAYS. All of you put in many more hours than policy states. You work with your contract rather than a time clock. You ask probing questions. You seek research to support your practice. You share with colleagues and want the best for all. I love your heart. I love your minds. I love you. Thank you for your dedication and service. Sounds sappy, but a great lead into this Thanksgiving season. I am thankful for you!



No comments:
Post a Comment