- Kyle on his first day of his first year after having a student withdraw due to transportation issues, "I'm so sad to lose one already. I know we could have made huge gains with him."
- Cheryl while teaching procedures, "Stop. I'm sorry. Obviously my directions were not clear. Let's try that again on 'go' I want you to...."
- A student sharing with a parent, "We did the best exercise in our class today. We had an indoor snowball fight!"
- A parent sent me an email, "Just wanted to let you know that it is only the second day of school, but I am getting wonderful reports from my daughter about Mrs. Anderson! She seems to be a great new addition to the school!"
- Another parent email,. "He told me this is going to be the best year. He said...Mrs. Maxwell is going to be an AWESOME teacher and so much fun."
- Sandy after I added a 34th student to her room after open house, "Don't ever apologize for giving me another student. I love them."
- Elsa, after teaching in the lunchroom following a long late lunch, "That worked. It went much better than I thought it could." (You are being a real trooper, Elsa. We are asking a lot of you. Your flexibility is amazing.)
Sorry for the late schedules this year. It has been difficult to squeeze in two more classes. In fact, Elsa and Toni must double up in a couple sections. With the schedule beginning to gel normalcy should begin to develop. Konnie and Dona have asked to adjust their working hours. Both will be in at 7:45 and available to start with copies or projects that are left for them. You may place needed items in the basket in the workroom or in their mailbox with directions.
We need all available paraprofessionals and Itinerate personnel to assist with Universal Screeners. It is important to get these early measures complete so that we can move on to effective lesson planning and interventions. Kindergarten has requested that one person test all students on a given screener. So if you are giving letter identification, please test ALL kindergarten students. IRI testing will begin next week. Konnie was able to start this week with our school.
I apologize for missing the leadership committee meeting. Hopefully you came to a consensus, but I did notice that the books were still on my table. :) I will try to reschedule. Sometimes I just feel the need to hop on a school bus.

No comments:
Post a Comment