Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Clair (Tu) Velasquez Update

I received this from Claire, who taught kindergarten for us a few years back.  Thought you might be interested in where she ended up.  :)

Dear Robin,
 I know it's been a long time! I have wanted to thank you for agreeing to be a reference for me for a while. We have a 4 day weekend that started yesterday, so I had some time to think about all the things I've not had the time to think about including updating you! ;) As you may or may not remember, I was applying for a teaching positing in Bolivia. Well, we've been here in Cochabamba, Bolivia now since February, and I am teaching 5th through 8th grade. I teach English (EFL), Science, Social Studies. Turns out though, I did not need any references at least for the school I chose. Bolivia is the poorest country in South America, and although I teach at a Montessori (and private) school, the environment is still comparable to teaching in one of any urban, inner city schools in the States. The country is disorganized and chaotic (compared to the States) and the school mirrors the country.

I wanted to send you my link to my teaching blog: http://teachtocare.wordpress.com/
Please feel free to pass it around. I could use all the advice and ideas I can get. The academic year goes from Feb-Nov, so I am jealous of all my teacher friends. By the way, I also send out a monthly (well, I try) update to friends and family. Here are a few pictures: http://sdrv.ms/LmSMwW Let me know and I'd be happy to include you in my "list serve."

I hope this school year ended great, and you're enjoying the summer!

A million thanks,

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment