I'm blogging from the Idaho State Prevention Conference. We are getting another dose of eye opening information illustrating the data that connects student health issues with academic performance and the need for coordinated school health work. My first breakout session is appropriately titled, "High in Plain Sight." Talking about the drug and alcohol culture that is right under our nose. For example he is naming Hastings as one of the most prominent drug related stores. I also attended an even tonight called Reality Party. Shocking awareness event that hopefully we can bring to Middleton. (Yes, this hat has drug references.)
I've added a section on the side bar, as suggested by Lisa Harris, to track the levy events with which you can help. Note we are looking for volunteers for election day rally. If you are doing something, please share your idea and I will post. Most would like to team up when doing phone calling or attending events, so invite a colleague or ask me to post. Together we can get this done.
IRI - I have the IRI labels. If you have students that require special testing situations, please shoot me an email so that the label can be highlighted before the testers begin.
I'm forwarding two emails discussing summer training. Please let me know if you are interested in attending either of these, both have proven quality history - Edufest and Best Practices.
We have two new Kindles in our library thanks to an Indian Reservation Grant. Linda is researching books to add and locations to 'borrow' from lending libraries. If you have suggestions, please let Linda know.
I have not pulled ISAT results for the week but am hearing encouraging words from teachers. I always worry about you as we go through these sessions. You put so much into educating our children and the judgement comes down to one test. It is unfair, but is our reality. Thank you to all the educational assistants who sit and proctor students hour after hour. It is tedious work, but is beneficial in giving these students the best shot and a strong performance. Thank you to the others who are picking up slack in duties or groups when these gals are not available. From kindergarten to fifth grade, it shows we are in this together.



No comments:
Post a Comment