Sunday, April 22, 2012

Check This Out!

http://www.k-5mathteachingresources.com/  A website found by Cheryl.  Great lesson resources linked to the CCSS.

I have been contacted by NNU with an opportunity to place two student teachers in our building next year.  I am excited.  We have been working to create this partnership over the past year.  The student teachers will be starting in the fall for an experience of how to start the school year.  They will then return to work in the classrooms full time spring semester.

I ran the ISAT Reading data over the weekend.  WOW!  Without shifting any students in or out based upon enrollment dates, 93% of our entire populations scored proficient or advanced!  All the extra proctors and preparation have been helpful.  I think the incentives play a role.  Overall though, we can not proctor or encourage something out of them that you have not place in them.  :)  Excellent job staff.  Two more to go.

I forwarded a couple of emails for you to consider.  One was for a video museum tour.  I would love to see someone pull this off next year.  Planning could take place this spring or summer.  I also sent the information for a SIOP online training in May.  Here are some other training opportunities for this summer.  Let me know soon if you are interested.
Arts Powered Schools, June 17-22
LIPS, June 18-20
Edufest, July 22-27
Sumer Institute of Best Practices in Payette, August 6-7, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment