Vince Tullock, resident of Middleton, has requested to do his BSU literacy experience in our school. He needs to put in over thirty hours observing, working with student groups or individual, struggling, average and advanced. He is available Monday through Thursday, 8-10:00 a.m. If you are open to having him work with your class for 30 minutes or so of this time, please let me know. He will start on Monday.
The poll on last weeks blog indicates that seven teachers are hoping to do student led conferences this spring with five of those wanting a little help in figuring out what it looks like and how to pull it off. Now we need to meet and determine who is hoping for which and what questions need answered and what support needs to be given. I would like to have a short (20-30 minute) teacher meeting following collaboration next Wednesday. The purpose will be to organize and establish system for scheduling and teacher training.
We are still waiting on the grant applications for the classroom technology that comes through the Students Come First money. Some have begun dreaming, thinking and planning. I support you reaching out to other Districts who have things in place. I know Marsing is using iPads in their primary classrooms. Other schools are using iPods. If you want to observe, let me know. I have also found it personally beneficial to join technology blogs or twitter feeds. There are so many great options for current trends in educational use of technology. One such site which shares research, ideas, practices and help sites is edudemic. Find it or other sites online and subscribe to newsletters or emails. You can delete them if you get overloaded (if you hadn't subscribed you wouldn't know what you missed anyway.) Or do a quick scan. You will build your awareness and your dreams.
Monday, February 13th our students are expected to present at the Board meeting. I was thinking we could take 4-6 students from buddy classes. We could have a Mighty Miler, Gold Club member, and Kid of Character (t-shirts). They could share briefly about patches, buddies, gold club, post cards, assemblies, green recess and marathon medals. I pictured Sandy and Scott's boys but will take volunteers. Hopefully a class that has performed at the assembly so that they can share that from their perspective. Can you offer some suggestions or help for me?During the next several weeks I am going to circulate some articles about grades. The idea is to continue learning and developing knowledge after our studies and work last year. I will put a circulation list on the copy. As you review the article write notes in the margins (text to text, text to self, text to world). You may respond to comments left by others or simply to the article. Initial the post it note and pass the article on to the next person when you are done. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment