Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011

THANK YOU!  I know it is probably not the correct format for sending a thank you note to each of you but I am sincere in my appreciation for each of you, the gifts you gave last week and the special words of encouragement as your "boss".  This staff as grown to the point of being synergistic.  I feel like much of what I do as your leader is follow, support and encourage.  Thank you for the golf merchandise gift certificate, chocolates, "Survival Kit" from a counselor who understands survivial needs, and dinner from Lisa & Yvonne. All will be used in a timely fashion.  :)  Love you all!

This is the week that The College of Idaho students will show up to observe and work in your classrooms.  Thank you to all who volunteered.  They will show up before 8:00 on Tuesday morning.

Thursday and Friday conference hours are counted into your contract hours.  You will be expected to be present the entire time.  If you have a conference that you would like me to attend or simply be close by send me the day and time. Conference times are short and it will be difficult to stay on schedule.  Here are some hints to help you in planning:
  • Post a schedule outside your door. Reschedule if they are late or miss.  Do not try to 'squeeze them in' as this will bump those that follow and may have a connecting conference.
  • Start the meeting by pointing to the clock and notifying them of how much time is available. Face yourself so both you and the parent can see the clock.
  • If Title I or Special Ed sit in to listen, they can continue their part afterwards.  There is not time for both.
  • Standing up and walking toward the door, finishing the conversation as you move.
  • Be prepared.  Have your materials and talking points close at hand.
  • Ask parents for their questions or concerns before stating yours, so that you can meet their needs.
  • Reschedule a time if necessary.
I will be out of the building Monday and Tuesday attending the Idaho Association of Elementary School Principal's conference in Meridian.  If you need anything I can be reached via email or text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment