Congratulations on an incredible start to the new school year. Everyone in the building has really stepped up to the plate to make sure that classrooms and personnel were ready for each of our students as they returned first to Open House and then to the first day of school. I agree with others that this just might be one of the smoothest starts we have had - well except for no bells and loss of air conditioning in a couple rooms. Although it is sort of nice to not have all those dinging interruptions throughout the day.
Next time you see someone from the maintenance crew would you please tell them thank you for their hard work. The response time for the airconditioning and bell service has been quite extraordinary. I was thinking maybe we should put together a gift basket to send to them or even just a thank you card. Sandy and Adam have worked special hours to accommodate the extra requests of outside service agencies and our own needs of Open House and music room set up.
I did get the personnel policies (400 series) updated on the documents page. Each staff member should be familiar with these expectations. I also have the master schedule, student handbook, bell schedule and duty schedules updated and reposted, AGAIN. I did this the other night but my laptop battery died before it saved.
If you have students that you know require accommodations for the IRI (speech, familiar person, etc.) please shoot me an email so that I can mark their label accordingly. Kindergarten and first grade teachers may see testing personnel late next week.
Tamie and I worked on grade book adjustments today. An email was sent to teachers identifying the changes and asking for any final adjustments before people begin to add events and grades. If you get final requests to me on Friday, Tamie will try to finish up over the weekend and maybe grade books will be ready as early as Monday. Please do not use until you see the specific green light!
Please practice fire escape procedures with your classes. Print a student list, preferably with phone numbers to take with you during evacuations. We will have our first drill next week.
Also, please talk to your students about jobs for which they can apply. The office will print applications to put with the mailbox near the lost and found. Jobs needed immediately are color guard, messengers, lunch servers, host/hostess in the lunchroom.


No comments:
Post a Comment