Monday night is our Family Math Night. This is different that previous Family Math Nights. We have hired Cathy Beals and a few of her college students to come and lead this event. The idea is to give parents an introduction of the MTI process and hopefully some understanding of why we teach multiple ways to solve problems. The evening is designed with stations for families to rotate and experience. Title I will host their annual parent meeting just prior to the math event. I encourage you to come and share in the process. Please announce it to your students and help us build participation.
Tuesday is the District Leadership Team meeting. There are multiple items of which you should take note.
- First is the updating of the Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan serves as a guiding document for our district and should be reflected in professional development, budget and curriculum decisions. We need your input as to what you believe should serve as District goals.
- Secondly, we are asked to bring our school professional development needs for next school year. I believe we need to continue with matching the math curriculum with common standards and the MTI model, progress with our RtI implementation and our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports. What do you see as a professional development need for the Heights?
- Finally, Catherine has served two years and is up for either re-election or replacement. Is there someone else that would like to serve or would someone like to nominate a colleague?

I think the idea for the Monday Family Math Night giving parents an understanging as to WHY we are teaching multiple ways to solve a math problem is AWESOME. I know having had the chance to get back into the upper grade math classes has been a real eye opener for this old dinosaur! This should be a great event!
ReplyDeleteGlendi White