Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March 17, 2011

C of I will be here Tuesday morning to tour the building and find out about placements.  I am still short a number of placements.  If you are willing, please let me know before Tuesday.

Report cards need to be finished as early as possible.  I originally asked for Friday before professional development, but if you need added time please let me know.  I have to post report cards to Family Access and print them before Monday morning and I am out of town Saturday for a wedding.

There has been some confusion as to the set up of parent conferences.  Lisa and Yvonne have been calling the lists that you turned in, trying to schedule these of priority FIRST.  Next week when we send home report cards we will include a note explaining the addition of conferences and invite other parents to call and schedule an appointment.  Then Monday, April 4th you will send home a reminder note as to their scheduled time.  Teachers across the District are asked to reach a MINIMUM 50% of families during conferences.  It will be up to you to send out emails, call homes, post to Family Access or include in your April parent letters encouragements so that you reach the minimum effort. 

Hopefully we can complete the Primary Math Assessment next week.  It is a time consuming test, but has been very interesting to observe the mathematical thinking of students.  The results of the PMA are a predictor of future math achievement and I believe will help us as we plan to integrate more of these practices next year.  We will look as the data in depth during professional development days in June but K-2 teachers have it available now.

All certified staff on Plan II of the evaluation cycle should  review your personal PD plans and write your reflections no later than April 4th, the end of spring break.  I need to finish up certified evaluations soon. I will schedule conferences with you during that first week back.  If you are ready before next Friday we can set aside time then as well.  Classified evaluations will be done in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment