Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday, Februry 24, 2011

If you have trouble reading the blog due to its layout, it is an issue with how it loads to your computer.  You need to submit an assist ticket to have it addressed;  I can't resolve the issue on my end.  The IT department cannot help me figure it out if they don't know where it is happening.  I quit using cute backgrounds, and settled for those that come standard, thinking that would fix the problem.  Still some computers do not load the frames that make it possible to read the print.  You know you have this problem if you also lose the side columns.
Last fall Tevin came and played video games for our inservice regarding brain research on the effects of video games.  We talked then of participating in efforts to encourage families to shut down TV and video games for the month of ISAT.  I would like you to start thinking of ways to "reward" or encourage students to set this personal goal.  Remember, it takes seven to ten days to "detox".  The community will again host "Middleton Unplugged" for the month of April.  We need to  stretch it to six weeks to get to mid May.  I will start locating the curriculum that was supposed to be available. 

The calendar committee is finalizing their recommendations to the Board for adding back 7.5 days to the certified teacher contract.  Most likely this will include the second half of March 18th and the full day of March 25th.  I am working on a professional development plan.  I would expect grades to be completed by noon on Friday the 18th so that I can print report cards before leaving that day. The afternoon would be spent on review and set up of a school RtI document.  I will update you as to the progress and discussions from the District focus.  Then on the 25th we will create a document that will spell out the purpose and procedures of RtI; including committee member job descriptions, universal screeners, dates to test, benchmarks, curriculum for all three tiers, data management, when to progress monitor, how to refer for GT, SLD, and special education, etc.  This would leave other PD days for math mapping with MTI/Envision/National Standards and time to create a Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support written plan.  Plenty to do.

Just a reminder that we have two morning assemblies next week.  (Sorry - we used to always do afternoons!).  Idaho Theater for Youth will be here first thing Monday morning.  Bring your class to the gym following opening procedures.  Then Friday we will have an abbreviated Character Assembly.  I will be gone, but Angie will run in my absence.  I don't think I have a class presenting on Integrity, do I?  We will present awards and acknowledgements as well as complete the gum challenge.  Inform students that we will provide the gum.  They are still not to bring gum to school.  Please talk to your class about this special privilege of being allowed to chew gum as school and how to show responsibility and respect.  Are the classified ladies ready to do a gum responsibility skit??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment