Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Friday is Penguin Awareness Day!  Just thought you should know.

We need to have a monthly School Wide Positive Behavior Support committee meeting in order to examine discipline data, review Gold Club applications and prepare for the character assemblies.  Let's plan to meet in my office on Monday, January 24th at 3 pm.  All Gold Club applications (for Feb 4 assembly) need to be submitted by this date.

Lego Grant.  Thank you to our early volunteers who were also asked to complete a survey.  There is still room to get in on the ground floor just send me an email of interest.  Remember this word - STIPEND.

Some have asked, so now is a good time to review.  We do not allow students to take AR tests at home for many of the same reasons you don't send home a closed book Social Studies test.  Who is actually taking the test (the student or their friend)?  Where is the book (put away or available to find the answer)?  It also allows students who know others' passwords to mess with their scores by failing tests on another record. 

Grades for report cards need to be completed by end of day Friday.  If you are not able to make this deadline please let me know.  I will need to come in over the weekend to run the report cards in order to ensure that a digit is not placed in third quarter attendance.  Please make every effort to finish on Friday.  Lisa & I will be in Skyward training at the District Office Friday afternoon and will not be available.

Dads & Donuts is scheduled for Tuesday morning.  I thank Cindy, Konnie and Rhonda who have worked with the PTA on this event.  I also appreciate those who volunteered to come in and help.  I will send out a reminder text on Monday.  It is not meant to pressure, simply to remind.
Catherine pointed out that we are double booked for meetings on January 26th, but in reality some were triple booked.  I moved the staff meeting for Core Knowledge Fair planning to the following week, February 2.  You can begin discussions using the Wiki which has a link on the link page of this blog.  I left the RtI meeting as previously planned and a tentative MEA meeting is scheduled for 3:30 on the 26th.

From Peggy Rabe: "At my library meeting yesterday, the World Book Rep said we could use this website free through the month of January (If we want to use it into Feb., we can call for the new password): He stressed that the Science Power website was designed to meet the needs of NCLB."
www.worldbookonline.com ID: americas Password: hollyhock

No comments:

Post a Comment