Thursday, December 2, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Friday morning we will have our first Character Assembly. The agenda seems to have grown significantly in the past 24 hours but I am still focusing on brevity. Please bring your students directly to the gym after the bell (or as soon as most of the buses arrive). We will do Wise Words and the pledge prior to celebrating all the successes and achievements of our students. Second grade will launch the character trait of the month and launch the annual food drive. You should be back in your classrooms by 8:45. Well at least that is the goal.
I am leaving town right after our assembly and will not return to Idaho until Monday evening. I would like to change the leadership team meeting to Tuesday. Leadership Team members please email me a quick reply as to whether that will work for you or not. Thanks.
Start using Skyward for discipline referrals to the office. When you send a referral via Skyward it not only informs me of the concern and what you need before they return to class, it helps track the data of who is being sent to the office and the infractions. Of course I want you to continue to use the phone or intercom if a student is disruptive and needs assistance in leaving the room. But for general referrals, try Skyward.
We have scheduled to get together next Wednesday after school to work on our Christmas parade float. Please plan to join us at the Foote shop to complete the winning entry. Lisa Foote has the list of what everyone was supposed to bring. The rest of us just need to bring a willing heart and helpful hands.
For some strange reason the Google calendar at the bottom of the blog is wrong if displayed in the month view. I set it to display in the week or agenda. I will continue to try to figure out with Google why it is goofy and how to fix it. :)
The Health committee and Rebecca have arranged for training for all teachers that teach Health. That should be all of you. I had little lead time on this so I apologize before we begin. Training is next Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. If the time slot assigned does not work for you we can trade within our building slots. We will have subs to cover your class for about 45 minutes. The training will be held in the modular next to Title I. Please check this schedule for your time.
Nurse Morgan is attempting to set up the TATU classes for fourth and fifth grade classes. She will be bringing groups of Midschool students to present anti-tobacco information on December 15th. We do not have the time slots yet but I will post and add to the calendar as soon as I find out.
I think as long as we have good snow and responsible students we can keep the snowball fight area open as a choice. Continue to remind students No white washing, aim for the body not the head, and snowballs are only allowed on that field during recess (not while walking to line).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Do you play bunko as a gambling event? I don't gamble but could enjoy the company of some work friends.
ReplyDeleteWould you post the directions for posting a discipline referral on the skyweb page?
ReplyDeleteThanks
Friday's snow was heavy, wet, and crusty - making for some dangerous snowballs so we canceled snowball throwing for lunch and afternoon recess.
ReplyDelete