- First, I am sorry for any inconvenience Thursday's computer lab use for the College of Idaho students may have caused. I know you received either really late notification or none at all. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
- Secondly, I feel like I have not been available for you much of this week. I truly believe that the time I have spent in Skyward training and assembly preparation was an effort not to add to your plates, but I feel the pull to be present for each of you also, Next week should be better.
We also received a slew of job applications. Our students love to work and serve, If you have other job ideas, please share them with the School Wide Positive Behavior Support (SWPBS) committee.
Angie has finished creating the reading and language arts standards comparison. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th are now aligned by standard. She put the copies in T://Share/Differentiation Standards. Check them out. This is great information to use when creating differentiated lessons for your classrooms or intervention groups.
Chances are that you have heard something about the newly released movie documentary, Waiting for Superman. From what I have read (thank you April for sharing your Time magazine) it does not shed a favorable light on public education. The media, from news reports to Oprah, have helped with the promotion of the movie, I am attaching a flyer I received with talking points regarding the movie and the state of education. You might also check out this
Washington Post Blog: What ‘Superman’ got wrong, point by point



Robin - when I click on the "talking points" link it says that the document is unavailable for viewing?:(
ReplyDeleteIt did that for me at first, but then I noticed the download link and clicked that and ...wa la, it worked.
ReplyDelete