Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Next week is another very full week.

  • Tuesday night, Cindy has a large Title I Parent Night planned. Families are invited for a light dinner followed by instruction by our Reading Coach and time in the computer lab to see and use educational programs.
  • Wednesday, Dr. Bauscher will be here to visit in the morning. If you have something special you would like to share, it is always great to showcase student learning. Something with the projectors would be nice also. Dr. Black will be here to screen vision for third grade students.
  • Thursday, I will meet during lunch with any interested in discussing new reading comprehension strategies. Later, many of us will have the MTI class again while the PTA is hosting the annual Mother's Tea. The P in PTA could use some help from the T in PTA if you are available to man a cookie or craft table.
  • Friday we have popcorn, pizza, AR store and yard sale set up.
  • Saturday is the yard sale. Hopefully we will raise enough funds to get our new climbing toy installed.
Next year budgets are looking tough. I need you, as grade level teams to tell me absolute must haves for curriculum materials, NOT supplies. Here is a link to a spreadsheet of consumable materials with costs. Please respond as to what your grade level needs so that the District can continue to help us plan for this necessary expense.

Copier/printer counts and costs are in for January. Review the new counts. Again, this is information to inform decisions. Jayna suggested to me to keep a tally chart of times I used my office printer. I'm still a few copies off of the count but it did make me more aware and helped me evaluate my number. When you look at these, the printer count is for the printers in your classrooms. The copier has three counts; one for copies, one for printing and one for scanning. When you send a document from your computer it is considered a print job. When you run a hard copy through to produce multiples you get a copier count. Now I need to get Cherie to quit copying school newsletters under my code!

What would you think of our hosting Green Recess every Wednesday at 1:30 for any class that has earned it. It could be a standing schedule, so kids know and teachers simply have to shoot an email letting us know they are coming. Students can bring coats and backpacks out and catch buses after the bell. Please inform you leadership committee rep. I hope to have a meeting with them next week.

Check out these links from Mill Creek teacher blogs. Blogging is an area that has it's cautions, but can be great communication tools, that might save money on printing class newsletters. Maybe only print for those that do not have Internet access? Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Steers', or Mrs. Matthews

2 comments:

  1. As always Mrs. Gilbert, I love reading your blog and can't believe you copied some teacher made blog links to your posting! I would never copy things from your blog! HA! Just kidding! Do it all the time! Isn't that true teamwork and collaboration? Oh yeah, gotta go and copy/paste your Luna Budget post now! :) Thanks for teaming together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Grade has not used the Decodables for Open Court this year and we wouldn't need them for next year. Would that help?

    ReplyDelete