I am so energized by the progress we have gained in technology in the past several weeks. I know at times it doesn't feel that way, but we are seriously functioning a lot better with technology than I can remember in the recent past. What I need you to do now, is not assume we know something or wait to tell us. Let us know what you still need by using the technology need form in the margin to the right. Darcy, Mike and I use this spreadsheet to discuss and prioritize actions. It also helps us with things that might have gotten lost in the bottom of email piles. Thank you for your patience.
Next week we have printers coming. In an effort to become good consumers, I need to have a staff meeting on Monday to explain the use, costs and plans for these new printers. But first thing - if you have a personal printer in your room you MUST remove it this weekend. When Boise Office Equipment comes to place printers they are commissioned to collect all the others. You may loose yours if you leave yours. You are not supposed to add personal hardware or software to District machines.
Cynthia and Lisa are currently in Portland at the Seven Strategies of Assessment for Learning conference. They will be leading collaboration next week as we complete chapter 1 of this book. This will be an overview of the seven strategies. We will then work on strategy one as an entire staff, before beginning our PLC groups during collaboration.
I applaud the committees who have been working on new and innovative plans. The Character Education committee is ernestly trying to fill jobs and communicate expectations for citizenship tokens. The attendance committee is collecting prizes for rewards and planning ways to encourage good attendance. The social committee "treated" us well on Wednesday and have begun to plan other ways to pull us together to enjoy life and celebrate happenings.
Please review the strategies for limiting the flu exposure for yourself and others. Please note that the District is recommending that desk surfaces be cleaned nightly. You will be given Clorox wipes or a bottle with spray dissinfectant for such a purpose. Washing hands and using hand sanitizer are important. Please help train students to not waste the wipes in the Classroom Caddies. We have gone through the full supply of those for the lunchroom already. I believe students are using more than actually necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment