Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday, September 11

Today, Friday September 11, Dr. Bauscher and the School Board will be here to have lunch with us and tour the building. If your class has something they can share with us at 12:45, please let me know.

Next week I will be gone most of the week. You may contact me by phone, email, text messaging or by talking to Lisa and Cherie. For the first three days I will be at a Professional Learning Communities conference in LasVegas. Thursday I will be taking a personal day for business in Spokane. Again, please feel free to contact me. I will reply at breaks.

Your annual professional goals are due next week while I am gone. Some of you must meet with me and others would like to. I will consider the deadline for goals a "soft" deadline. It is more important to me that you write meaningful goals than to meet the deadline. I will be happy to discuss these with you.

Some have asked about procedures for requesting personal days. Please complete the hard copy form (Cherie has them) and place in my box. Once I approve it and give it to Lisa, she approves it online. If you need an "emergency personal day" you take that at your own risk prior to approval. You may call me at home or on my cell phone if you are unsure.

New IRI testing will take place this fall for some fourth grade students. Any student in grades 1-4 who participated in our extended day programs last year must have a fall "post test". Since all K-3 grade students take the fall IRI their scores will automatically be reported. Fourth grade is not traditionally assessed with the IRI so we will have to pull only those who received extra support and give them a short fluency assessment. This should be done within the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment