Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Great Things from the Classroom

I so love being in and out of classrooms.   I wish I could just use Twitter to Tweet what I see because with multiple interruptions to my walk-throughs I don't remember them all, but here are a few.  I will add more as I get around further.
  • Elsa was teaching a fully engaged rhythm lesson with hand signals and jive.  She also had them reflect to their partner on two follow up questions.
  • Jelena was conducting a great poetry lesson with the intervention group.  She had a poem from the day before that they investigated as a group, looking for clues and figurative language.  Their next assignment was to work in partners with a second poem, title removed, to investigate and discover the topic of the poem deciphering between literal and figurative language for clues. 
  • Bruce was frustrated with technology glitches but was doing an amazing job of leading a math lesson with visual representations, non-examples using the StarBaoard when the reflection app was not connecting.  (short cut not routed to correct spot, not his fault.)
  • Sandy is hauling in supplies to make the mock rocks - kids love that hands on lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment