Thursday, November 10, 2011

Student Concerns

I have dealt with a couple difficult student issues this week and I need your assistance.  The first issue results from some cheap shot bullying that has been taking place over a couple of years resulting in a retaliation from built up anger.  Students believe that we don't respond when they report.  I believe that we see the issue as one isolated issue and we handle it with limited intervention.  Please take notice of student concerns, respond in kind but then be sure to submit the office referral form so that we can gather the picture of what is happening.  This is our first step.

The other situation involves a new student in Bruce's room.  If you work with this class or do fifth grade duty will you make a point of looking up Ethan Webb on Skyward.  Know who he is,and help students handle situations when they report.  Things that you can help with is to walk him to locations from the front of the line.  Do not leave him in the middle of a line and send the line out of sight.  Monitor games in his area.  He tends to walk through interrupting or refusing to move when out, causing disruption.

THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Bruce and I have a system but we could use some help. He goes up the elevator while I hold his line and then send when he can supervise at the top of the stairs and I watch the end of his line. Sometimes the wait gets long because we let others go so we don't cross in front of other classes. I was thinking maybe we could switch line places so that all on the west end of the building line up to go in the west door and vice versa. Sometimes it is the wait that causes problems. Plus my class waits for everybody most of the time, which is fine unless is it cold! Thanks for the heads up on the new kid. I've talked to Bruce about how to handle his behavior but didn't quite know his m.o.

    ReplyDelete