Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cheryl asked about collecting the Gold Club Cards, so we talked through it together.  This will all be spelled out for next year in our PBIS document,  but this year we are learning as we go.  Cheryl and I decided that all gold club cards should be collected just like we collect library cards.  Fifth grade students may keep theirs.  Students who end the year as Gold Club members can be the first to apply and most likely approved next fall.  Turn those in to my box and I'll store for the summer.

Here is the closing week checklist.  I will put a hard copy in your mailboxes so you can mark things off as you go (as in the past).
  • Remember that students are not to bring backpacks on the bus the last day of school.  I will check with the bus garage to see if this is still a concern for them.  But until I hear differently, plan to send home the majority of student supplies on Thursday. 
  • Room inventory lists are on the t:drive from last year.  When you have completed yours, please "save as" for the current year and let Lisa know it is complete.
  • Please complete class lists consistently with your grade level colleagues.  We will use part of a day the week after school is out to construct classes for next year.
  • Monday the movies will be in the lunchroom.  Third grade at 9:00 and fourth grade at 12:30.  I will have personnel to supervise the movies, giving teachers approximately 2 hours to work on report card comments, student lists, cumulative folders, etc.
  • Tuesday I am still unsure of location since Lise has music in the lunchroom.  Let me know if we can use your room.  First grade at 9 and fifth grade at 12:30
  • I will put draft  inventory and student supervision assignments in mailboxes of classified staff.  Look them over and visit with me if you need a change or help in accomplishing the work by the end of next week.
  • I should have the professional development plan for the extra teacher days mapped out in writing for you by the first of next week.  I'm working with Cathy Beals currently to finalize the agenda for our day with her.  If you have specific items or questions you want her to cover let me know.  She will work with us one day.  You will then have extra days to continue the math work as teams.
We have a shredding truck coming to Heights on June 1.  We need to collect all those files and confidential papers that you want to get rid of so that we are ready.  You are also welcome to bring documents from home for shredding if you like.n

2 comments:

  1. You may use my room Tuesday afternoon for the movie.

    ~Stephanie Burke

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st grade can use my room. ~Suzette

    ReplyDelete