Middleton is putting together a team of teachers to work on Regional Unit Studies with the Center for School Improvement, Initiative for Developing Mathematical Thinking. The regional unit study project is slated to be a four-year support project. The five CCSS domains have been broken into 5 large unit study topics. Year 1 would address two unit study topics, subsequent years would address one unit study topic per year.
We are asked to provide a team from our school to participate in the regional meetings and bring back the information to grade level teams. I would need team leaders, preferably one from each grade level, to volunteer (or be elected). We could take a minimum team of one K-2 representative and a 3-5 representative. The commitment looks like four days away from the building and up to three days work with grade level teams.
This opportunity fits with the work we will be doing with our days at the end of the year and with the goals of some grade levels for next year. If you are interested, please talk to your team and send me willing names. Or if your grade level prefers not to participate, let me know that also.
You know you can count on someone from 4th/5th. We haven't had a chance to chat yet, but I know I'd love to do this and I am sure I have colleagues who would too.
ReplyDeleteThe 4 C's elected Cathy P. unanimously. Cynthia and Cheryl would also like to attend if possible.
ReplyDelete