Then I stepped into Cheryl's room after her recess duty to cover for her short break. (I emphasize short. Both ladies do not take advantage of anyone here. They just take care of important business.) Cheryl has a great traffic pattern taught, students probably don't know she isn't in the room. Students enter the room, hang up coats walk past the table to add a tally mark to the snack count, walk past the wipes and/or sanitizing gel, then continue past the table and bag with snack and milk. They serve themselves taking their snack to their desks. Then I got to watch them carry on appropriate conversations with each other. It was so calm and controlled yet a real break for the kids.
Excellent job of teaching efficient procedures in your classrooms.
Others have great systems also. I just got to enjoy these first hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment