Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday, October 15, 2010

Congratulations to the five winners of last weeks challenge for posting a comment on Family Access.  It is so fun to watch what you do when provided a challenge.  And you say I'm competitive!  Stephanie Burke was first (a newbie to our challenges even).  Stephanie Santero was handicapped by some thumb drive issues, but came in second.  Catherine was excited at how quickly parents responded to her fall party planning post.  Brooke took a couple attempts at it but has not gotten the response from parents she would have hoped for.  AND last but not least, Tracy posted her newsletter and a comment.  Then as Garrett's mother, was able to check it out and respond to his teacher.  :)  I haven't forgotten the prizes.  They are coming. 
hubworld.com

We will announce the Gold Club members Friday morning and have students pick up their tags.  We will get a picture to post also.  Please honor these students throughout the building; hallways, classroom, lunchroom, etc.  I will also return the applications for those who were NOT chosen this round.  We added a note to each to explain what area we believe they could work on before applying again.  Please remind students that they may continue to apply and we will add to our club periodically.

IT department would like you to know that as they complete their work on a ticket which you have submitted, Assist will email you telling you that it has been closed.  Do not "reply" to the email.  Instead, click on the link and approve or disapprove the closing of the ticket.  You can add a comment if you choose not to close the item. Please use IT Assist for all technology needs.  Darcy is the first to pick them up and will help you if she can.

We will continue to offer report card work time in the computer lab on Monday & Tuesday after school.  Darcy and others will be available to help you enter grades and comments.  There are some great shortcuts for filling in grades.  All grades will need to be DONE Friday, October 22nd because report cards will be printed through the office all at the same time.  This means that classrooms, PE, music and special education grades need to be entered. on time.

I have been working on the designs for the report cards.  I think we are very close to what you have set as grade levels.  Please check over report card samples given to your team and offer feedback ASAP.  Each adjustment, if it can be made, takes time.  When I am done entering any changes, the templates will be cloned for each school.  We then have to assign the cards to each student to be prepared to print after the 22nd.

Jayna, I and a few others would like to work on Web 2.0 items but decided not to take the credit available through Mill Creek.  The learning really takes place through work time and encouragement.  So if you are interested in working on Google applications, Blogs, virtual field trips, Wikis, or even Discovery Education applications let us know so we can set aside time to work together and learn from each other.

Thanks to Bob Lezecheko and the Idaho Food Bank, we are able to offer meals to chronically hungry children over the weekend.  If you know of a child who could use this discreet backpack program, please let me know.  Meals will be available next week.

I will be gone next Thursday and Friday afternoon to the Idaho Association of Elementary School Principal conference in Northern Idaho.  As usual I will be available by phone or email.

6 comments:

  1. I would like to work with you and Jayna on the Web 2.0 items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to work on Web 2.0, also.
    ~Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very interested in working on web 2.0 - Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to participate.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also like to participate!

    Stephanie Burke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to participate in Web 2.0.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete