Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Constitution Day is Friday, September 17th.  Lise has worked with each class on the singing of the National Anthem.  But since she is not at Heights on Fridays we will need to sing it without her to direct.  Toni has offered to arrange the human flag again if we like, but I have not heard from teachers.  I have ordered free curriculum for each class through Modern Woodsman.  Schoolwide or class level activities???? Let us know.


We are experiencing multiple power issues in different portions of the building.  Each of these outages put technology equipment at risk.  It is important that we reconsider personal items such as refrigerators and microwaves in classrooms.  These, combined with add on air conditioners, pull great amounts of power combined with the technology hubs connecting equipment to your projectors.  How can we conserve energy?  Are there centralized locations in your areas that you can share these personal items rather than everyone adding to their classrooms?  I'm sure the District will also be looking at these choices.

I've heard some follow up to your grade book conversations on Wednesday.  It appears there were many excellent discussions.  I need you to turn in decisions and changes that need to be made to the report cards.  If you have questions that need answers I am available to help you find the right source.

Next week we will meet together again for collaboration.  I will give an overview of the assessment materials you have available for improving our assessment practices.  I will also have an outline of expectations for the year and available credit opportunities.  I have a request into NNU to offer a one-credit course for $60 finishing the first of May.

Next Tuesday I would like to meet with the committee for Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports at 3:00 in my office.  We will tentatively set the Leadership meeting for the following Monday on the 13th.



Please dismiss students on time and encourage them to get to buses, cars and crosswalks quickly.  Dona & Cathy have additional challenges with the changes in crosswalk locations.  It would help if they could cross most of these students prior to the buses leaving.  This can only be done if students are there along with their siblings.  If your class is late they hold up others.  Students being picked up should also be encouraged to load cars quickly.  Thank you for any help you can give us in this area.



We have an opportunity to send some teachers to an Eric Jensen workshop here in Boise.  Have you been reading his articles from the links I've posted?  Are you interested in how you can help students of poverty through brain based researched practices?  Are you willing to come back and share your new knowledge with colleagues.  Let me know soon!

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, Sandy, and JaynaSeptember 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM

    5th grade will be visiting the site http://bensguide.gpo.gov/ during computer time next week. We are also doing classroom activities to increase awareness of the importance of the US Constitution.

    ReplyDelete