Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bathrooms Need Monitoring

We have already had many bathroom issues and need to increase student monitoring and reporting.  The lower west end has had multiple incidents of flooding; sometimes so severe the water is seeping into room 10.  At recess times, please walk students out encouraging bathroom use before the exit.  Teachers are then close by to monitor.  If a child leaves your room during class to use the bathroom, check if they are gone an extended amount of time.  If children report problems in the bathroom report it immediately to the office so we can narrow the timing of the incident.  If we know WHEN then we can review video footage and maybe catch and stop the culprits. 
I have a few students who applied for hall monitors which we can use in the morning before school. 

2 comments:

  1. I know in the lower west end bathroom the middle urinal is somewhat broken(I kow either it is or it isn't so call it broken then). The flushing mechanism sticks at times and to shut it off you have to hit the pipes pretty hard. I know it got stuck a few times on kids who then freaked out a little and came running in my room last year. Joe the plumber

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks. That information may really help.

    ReplyDelete