Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday, April 22, 2010

RtI Update
So many conversations have taken place in our building around the letters R-T-I. It is so exciting to listen to each of you learn, share, dream and brainstorm. The group that attended the State RtI conference met during lunch on Monday to debrief. They shared what they heard and what they want- but most importantly how much we already have in place. Grade level meetings at Purple Sage appear to have focused some on universal screenings and interventions. We are scheduled to have a teacher meeting in the library on Monday. We will share a summary from the conference and listen to what each grade level is requesting for fall universal screeners. I will also try to cast the vision of RtI at Heights for next year.

Discovery Education
Mike and I have been negotiating with Discovery Education to extend our trial period for the reaming weeks of the school year. Then we will most likely purchase a site license for next school year. Hopefully your logins will work again soon.

Fairy Tale Plays from High School
Joe has done a fair amount of coordination with Alicia Wright at the High School to bring the Fairy Tale plays to the Heights on May 3rd at 8:30 for Kindergarten. I know others were interested. If you are still interested, please contact Alicia Wright and see if you can add on to Kindergarten or maybe directly following. We will plan to use the lunchroom. GT or interventions, please let me know if this disrupts your schedules.

May 18th Plans
We will host a free dinner for families including spaghetti, salad and drinks. I would like to offer a variety of short informational parent meetings; including the myths and truth of single-gender classrooms, the how-to of multi-grade classrooms, and summer options for kids. I see us offering the sessions simultaneously twice, with dinner in between.
Fifth grade parents will also be invited to an middle school orientation meeting AT MILL CREEK. This will be the only spring meeting to help parents of fifth grade students with the transition. Teachers should encourage parents to attend. We will offset schedules so they do not conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment