Thursday, April 29, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

Next week is teacher appreciation week and I believe if we ever needed this, the time is now. We as educators can really get bogged down in the realities of what might be in our near future. But there is so much good about our jobs, our school, our staff and most importantly, our opportunities.

Each and every one of you do an amazing job with your assignments. I believe this is one of the most dedicated and willing to work and grow groups of people I have ever seen. As I watched you go through your professional development goals and evaluation processes, you were able to state where you have been, what you have done to improve and set goals of where you want to go. This is not a stagnant pond. Rather a river of action driven professionals pouring into an ocean of possibilities. (How's that Angie for a metaphor?)

Monday morning I would like to provide you a simple breakfast in honor of the teaching profession. I won't be serving you in bed, but I will have it set up early enough for you to enjoy before class or at recess.

Wednesday our PTA will be bringing in collaboration treats to demonstrate their appreciation. I won't be here so you can start collaboration a few minutes late. :)

Then we will most likely bleed over into the following week when I return. PAC will host a luncheon and we are creating special gifts for each of you.

I encourage you to speak words of gratitude and respect into each other as we celebrate the teacher in all of us. Write a colleague a note, or send me something to post on the blog. In all things know that I appreciate each of you and the fine work you do for the students of Middleton.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the breakfast treats. I appreciate all you do for us! Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie.....Nice metaphor. Finally got to my computer to read it. Being a principal sub is like being a salmon trying to swim up stream! Ha! Similie, but it still works.

    ReplyDelete