Monday, April 5, 2010

School Leadership Team

New Climbing Toy: We have decided that all students, except kindergarten are welcome on the climbing apparatus as long as they are demonstrating good citizenship. Only rules at this time are no pushing (chicken fights) or tag games and all should move in the same direction. We will only add restrictions as necessary to maintain safety and civility. If kindergarten students are dying to be on it, they could schedule to be out at a different time for a special climbing toy recess. If I can help cover a duty to make this happen let me know.

End of the Year: I will have Lisa &/or Cherie type names onto the end of the year class list sheets. We will start with kindergarten through second grade so that these teachers can get the data filled in and lists turned back in. Third through fifth grade will receive their lists the first of May since they will need ISAT data to complete the lists. I will still offer each grade level a half day of planning time during the last week to complete grade reports. We will show the grade level a movie of your choosing. This is to be THE end of the year movie rather than lots of TV viewing those last week. Keep 'em working. :) Be talking in grade levels about which video will best fit with your curriculum.

RtI: We will have a staff meeting Monday, April 26th to discuss RtI universal screenings as a follow up to our last staff inservice. This will allow you opportunities to discuss as teams and with district grade level colleagues. We also have many people throughout the district attending the RtI conference in Boise next week which will be an additional source of information. Please ask for help if needed in identifying and finding universal screeners that will give you the quick information your grade level can use to group students for interventions. Jaime, Nicole G, Angie, Nicole I, Greg and Cindy are good resources.

Two other issues:
1. Someone submitted a need to teach assembly etiquette. The representatives on the leadership team did not personally see or hear behaviors that were inappropriate needing this type of school wide reform. If your class had difficulty with assembly behaviors and you would like help in practicing or addressing it with your class, please let me know. This could also be a good lesson for counseling time. What is appropriate at a basketball game vs assemblies.

2. Someone submitted a request to know where each teacher would be placed next year so as to help answer questions for parents. :) Please tell parents that these decisions have not been made. They can either submit a written request describing the atmosphere most conducive to learning for their child or they can make an appointment to visit with me.
As far as staff concerns, if you have questions, please feel free to come talk with me. I will share with you what I can. All I know at this time is that it appears that we will not have to cut anyone currently under contract. Some people will be assigned to new positions. I have talked to those that I currently know might be affected.

1 comment:

  1. I will be more than happy to use some music time to address the issue of "appropriate appreciation" for assemblies vs. basketball.

    ReplyDelete