I have observed some very creative grade level teaming and groupings which have been driven by data and are research based.
Second grade is using progress monitoring data to group and organize their reading workshop. I see them review current data often to determine which students need to move groups or what skills need to be addressed in each group. Cynthia has been working with Angie and the data from her classroom to help advance curriculum for advanced and gifted students.
Fifth grade team has kept me on my toes figuring out who is where when and doing what. They have grouped for math and spelling. They have separated out the struggling math students and pulled in Title I to help with instruction and skill building. The rest of the students are divided by male/female and taught with gender learning differences in mind. At the end of math, kids all regroup to classrooms for spelling instruction. What a great way to teach for learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment