Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thank you for your preparation and sharing of your artifacts at our last collaboration. I know I said it, but I really mean that it is encouraging and exciting to witness the actions you have taken toward our goals. I believe most teams think they are struggling with becoming a professional learning community. Cheryl's quote summed it up well; "If it is not uncomfortable you are not growing." Hopefully you were able to see the variety of directions in which teams have moved. Continue you on my friends.


I still need a small student group to present at the Board meeting in January. Jayna has helped carry this over the past several years with help from the fifth grade team and teachers of gender separate classrooms. Do you have a musician, poet, classroom play.....maybe students to demonstrate a science experiment or social studies learning target?????


I would like to wish you each a restful and focused vacation. Focused on family and personal priorities beyond the classroom. I appreciate each of you and the daily dedication I see at work. I know many have been dealing with personal struggles or family stresses, but you show up daily with determination to provide a quality experience for our students. Thank you for the gifts you give daily to the students and families of Middleton Heights. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment